Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
The Carnegie Library was Atlanta's first public library. It was built by New York architects Ackerman & Ross and opened in 1902. The building was located on 126 Carnegie Way in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, and was demolished in 1977.